Senior Systems Administrator
Posted 1 year ago
Are you a motivated person with a passion for IT? Is it a challenge for you to help facilitate our continuous growth? Come work for the #1 European parking app and make a difference!
The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic, organized and has excellent interpersonal skills. You will design, implement, operate and improve our IT infrastructure. While working in a demanding high-tech environment, you will support members of the organization using your knowledge on IT. You will be challenged to improve (parts of) the infrastructure in order to facilitate our continuous growth and support PCI-DSS compliance.
A Senior Systems Administrator:
- deals with the more complex challenges of monitoring a network;
- monitors server and network performance;
- carries out server updates and maintenance scheduling;
- takes the lead on infrastructure projects;
- carries out capacity planning activities;
- performs firewall and L2 switch changes / create IPSEC VPN’s / manage load balancers;
- carry out AWS changes;
- writes UNIX scripts;
- manages patching / vulnerability assessments and remediation;
- adheres to working practices and self-manage your own work queue;
- assists with setting up business tooling for software engineering team eg. Jenkins;
- must be able to provide 2nd line support and cover for end user support when necessary.
- have a Bachelor’s degree in IT or IT related study;
- have a minimum of five years of experience in a similar role;
- must have at least 2 years’ experience of Linux and AWS;
- understand Software Development Life Cycle;
- are able to work in a fast paced environment;
- have experience with desktop and server operating systems (Windows and Linux (debian/ubuntu preferably);
- have experience with virtualisation ( VMWare , Hyper-V);
- know about VPN setup for ‘site to site’ and end users;
- know about Remote Administration tools to resolve problems (RDP, Go to my PC, Team Viewer etc.);
- have experience with Apache/Nginx/IIS Web services;
- have experience with PCI-DSS compliance, ITIL, ISO27001 and 24x7x365 operations;
- know the basics of SQL/MYSQL administration;
- are able to resolve network issues using wire data analysis with Wireshark.
- inspire you be the best version of you;
- give you the opportunity to build brands with millions of users worldwide;
- have sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun and relaxed office environment;
- offer a competitive salary and benefits according to experience and education level.
Do you think you are the man or woman for this vacancy and do you think we should drink a cup of coffee with you? Then send us your resume including a motivation via our online application form. Want to know more? You can also ask questions via the online application form.
Of course you want to know something more about us!
Parkmobile is a worldwide successful supplier of innovative and fully integrated electronic parking solutions. With our Parkmobile app, sms or by phone you can pay you parking fees afterwards: the smartest way of parking!
Two hundred and fifty people are presently working at Parkmobile Group. Our HQ is based in Diemen (The Netherlands), joined by two “Software Labs”: one in Diemen and the other in Basingstoke (UK). We also operate in Belgium and Germany. We work very hard and are ambitious but there is time for fun also, for example our get-together drinks every month! Do you want to work for the number 1 Parking app? Let us know.Let's talk