Senior iOS Developer
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
Posted 2 months ago
We are looking for a highly experienced iOS developer to be a productive member of the App development team that designs, builds, tests, delivers and supports our growing native App-based products and services, you will live, breath and dream Swift and want to share your love of them with the rest of the team. Our group aim is to redefine the parking experience bringing it to new exciting levels of features and usability providing the best possible experience for our worldwide customers at the touch of a button, this is at the core of our ethos and we invite you to help us get there together.
You will be working on our existing global App range adding innovative new features as well as fixing existing software bugs and creating new Apps for our growing market sectors. Liaising with both our test and UX teams as well as working with other App developers will form part of your day to day work all occurring within an enthusiastic agile development environment.
You will be a member of and work in our feature based agile squads, these autonomous multi stack squads form the core of our groups development structure.
We offer a friendly proactive and engaging working environment and encourage creativity and enquiring minds who keep up to date on the latest changes on the iOS platform.
The ideal candidate will have worked for at least one company, worked on a iOS App from inception through to delivery and also worked closely with customers and/or end-users.
- Delivers, through Agile SCRUM, new features with the right software architecture produced with the highest possible quality in the fastest possible time;
- Programming and technical development of Parkmobile Groups iOS Apps.
- Liaising with our UX team to ensure a high quality look and feel on all Apps
- Liaising with our test team to ensure all Apps on our platform are of the highest quality
- Deployment of iOS apps to the Apple Store
- Keeps technical documentation and coding guidelines up-to-date
- Mentors, motivates and coaches junior developers
Essential Technical Attributes:
- Degree level qualification, ideally this will be Software Engineering / IT related
- At least two years of in depth knowledge and experience of programming using Swift
- Have a minimum of three years’ professional experience developing software products;
- Experience of developing in a MAC-OS X environment
- Worked in an Agile software development environment
- Have experience using Git
- Deep understanding of Unit Testing and TDD
- Able to prioritise, manage and track multiple activities and tasks
- Ability to work in a team as well as on your own
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- Enthusiastic approach and “can-do” attitude
- Resilient, copes well under heavy workloads
- Flexible approach to work; and
- Problem solving and resolution.
- Two years of in depth knowledge and experience of programming Objective C for iOS applications
- Smart phone App design experience
- Integration of web APIs
- Core Graphics and CoreData experience
- Secure coding experience;
- Provide a brand new Macbook Pro or high powered Windows laptop
- Host quarterly team social events
- Offer flexible working – our normal working hours are 9-6 but we can meet your requirements if they differ
- Inspire you to be the best version of you;
- Give you the opportunity to build brands with millions of users worldwide;
- Have sharp, motivated co-workers and a fun, relaxed office environment;
- Offer a competitive salary according to experience and education;
- Work with you to advance your career by providing you with an annual budget for training courses and/or to attend conferences
- Have excellent fringe benefits including private health insurance and 25 days annual leave which rises with length of service.
Do you think you are the man or woman for this vacancy and do you think we should drink a cup of coffee with you? Then send us your resume including a motivation via our online application form. Want to know more? You can also ask questions via the online application form.
Of course you want to know something more about us!
Founded in 2000, Parkmobile Group is making parking easier for people and operators all over the world. By creating software solutions we make finding, accessing and paying for parking simple and effective. We find your perfect parking spot and make paying for it easy. Everything we do is focused on the carefree experience of our clients and not paying more than used with payment per minute. Whether this is on your mobile phone or via the dashboard of your car. Parking solutions at your fingertip.
Currently Parkmobile Group offers the number 1 parking app worldwide, available in more than 500 cities. Brands include RingGo, Park-line, ParkNow and Parkmobile. Park your car by using our app or try sms or calling to start paying for your parking spot. From our head office in Amsterdam (Diemen) we serve clients throughout Europe with offices in the UK, Germany and France.
Do you want to work for the number 1 Parking App? Let us know!Let's talk