Basingstoke, United Kingdom
Posted 2 months ago
Are you able to wok as part of a small dynamic team and have experience with web-based products? Come work for the #1 European parking app and make a difference! Parkmobile is the parent company of Cobalt Telephone Technologies.
A PHP Developer:
- Has a creative approach to problem solving and demonstrates their experience of building web applications as well as their ability to learn and apply new technologies
- Has a practical approach to the programming and technical development of Parkmobile’s products and services
- Responsible for the deployment of all web-based solutions on Parkmobiles application service platform
- Is part of the post production support of systems (this involves out-of-hours 24×7 support rostering)
- Will assist with the mentoring of more junior members of the web team, retaining culture of achievement and enjoyment.
- Degree level qualification, ideally in Software Engineering/IT
- At least 2 years in depth knowledge and experience of programming OO-PHP 5.0 (MVC)
- Experience of PHP Frameworks e.g. Zend, Codeigniter etc. (Not CMS, Drupal, WordPress etc)
- Hands-on knowledge of using either MYSQL or Microsoft SQL Server.
- Experience in developing a Windows/Linux environment
- Worked for at least 1 company
- Taken a technical project from inception through to delivery
- Knowledge of three of the following– with a deep understanding of at least two (in order of relevance)
- Administrating Apache
- Internet Technologies (Java, Web Services, SOAP, AngularJS)
- Relational database design
- Experience of GIT/SVN source control
- Experience of Jira/Stash/Confluence
- Secure coding experience
- Operating Systems (Windows 2003/208 Server, Linuz RedHat/Debian)
- Inspire you be the best version of you;
- Give you the opportunity to build brands with millions of users worldwide;
- Have sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun and relaxed office environment;
- Play Xbox or pool with you in our gaming room;
- Offer salary according to experience and education level;
- Have excellent fringe benefits including private health insurance, call-out and standby payments and 25 days annual leave, rising with length of service.
Do you think you are the man or woman for this vacancy and do you think we should drink a cup of coffee with you? Then send us your resume including a covering letter via our online application form. Want to know more? You can also ask questions via the online application form.
Of course you want to know something more about us!
Parkmobile is a worldwide successful supplier of innovative and fully integrated electronic parking solutions. With our Parkmobile app, sms or by phone you can pay you parking fees afterwards: the smartest way of parking!
Two hundred and fifty people are presently working at Parkmobile Group. Our HQ is based in Diemen (The Netherlands), joined by two “Software Labs”: one in Diemen and the other in Basingstoke (UK). We also operate in Belgium and Germany. We work very hard and are ambitious but there is time for fun also, for example our famous Parkmobile Pubquiz! Do you want to work for the number 1 parking app? Let us know.