Posted 10 months ago
Are you a highly experienced Lead Software Tester who wants to be a productive member of the software engineering team that designs, builds, test, delivers and supports our company’s growing products and services? In that case, Parkmobile is looking for you!
As Lead Tester you will work closely with the Software Development Managers, Senior Software Testers, Product and Technical Managers assisting with planning and managing of test cycles across multiple global projects. You will take a lead on testing complicated and priority projects whilst mentoring more junior members of staff. Liaising with both our development and UX teams as well as working with other software testers will form part of your day to day work all occurring within an enthusiastic agile development environment.
Your main duties as a Lead Tester will contain:
- Ensure that on a day-to-day basis that all testing resources are following our standard working procedures and practices;
- Writing of detailed testplans and reports for software releases.
- Coordinate the planning of test strategy and test cycles at the outset of projects;
- Manual functional and design testing of all software products including but not limited to mobile App, Web, backend and IVR testing. Majority of testing occurs on the Web and Apps platforms;
- Ensuring high quality test plans are created for all of our products and services;
- Recognising the need when we require automated test cases using Selenium / Appium and assisting with setting them up;
- Mentoring of junior members of the testing team;
- Ensure proper configuration management is in place for the test environments;
Here are some terms and skills you are familiar with:
- Able to prioritise, manage and track multiple activities and tasks at a rapid pace;
- Excellent verbal and written communications;
- Enthusiastic approach and “can-do” attitude;
- Resilient, copes well under heavy workloads and tight deadlines;
- Flexible approach to work;
- Problem solving and resolution;
- At least 5 years of experience in a software testing role;
- Degree level qualification, ideally this will be Software Engineering / IT related;
- ISTQB or TMAP foundation level certification;
- Experience of using either MYSQL or Microsoft SQL SERVER, writing T-SQL queries and understanding relational database;
- Operating Systems (Windows XP/7, 2003/2007 Server, Linux Redhat/Debian/Suse);
- Experience of source control repositories, SVN, GIT;
- Minimum of one (in order of relevance):
- Experience of working within an AGILE development environment
- Experience with release based Test Coordination and planning
- The ability to write clear concise test cases
- Experience of setting up and using Selenium / Appium automated testing software
- Experience of testing e-commerce websites
- Experience of issue tracking software such as Bugzilla, JIRA, TRAC
The ideal candidate will have:
- worked on at least three technical projects from inception through to delivery
- a broad understanding of IT and internet technologies with a deep knowledge of one area of specialization.
Do you think you are the man or woman for this vacancy and do you think we should drink a cup of coffee with you? Then send us your resume including a motivation via our online application form. Want to know more? You can also ask questions via the online application form.
Of course you want to know something more about us!
Parkmobile is a worldwide successful supplier of innovative and fully integrated electronic parking solutions. With our Parkmobile app, sms or by phone you can pay you parking fees afterwards: the smartest way of parking!
We offer a friendly proactive and engaging working environment and encourage creativity and enquiring minds who keep up to date on the latest changes in the technology market.
Two hundred and fifty people are presently working at Parkmobile Group. Our HQ is based in Diemen (The Netherlands), joined by two “Software Labs”: one in Diemen and the other in Basingstoke (UK). We also operate in Belgium and Germany. We work very hard and are ambitious but there is time for fun also, for example our famous Parkmobile Pubquiz! Do you want to work for the number 1 Parking app? Let us know.Let's talk