Lead Front End Developer
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
Posted 8 months ago
Are you great at working as part of a multi-skilled team with a focus on delivering complex single page Angular applications? Are you looking to work for an innovative company as part of a dynamic Front End development team with offices in Basingstoke and Amsterdam? Come and work for the UK’s leading cashless parking provider and make a difference!
A Lead Front End Developer:
- Ensures we are delivering, through Agile SCRUM, new features within the right software architecture produced with the highest possible quality in the fastest possible time;
- Evangelises our working practices (e.g. code reviews, following code guidelines, refactoring and pair-programming) and their benefits;
- Coaches and encourages colleagues to find better ways of doing things through constant learning and helps them improve their skills so that we all become better in our roles;
- Sets front-end development policies and procedures and ensures that all developers in the team are adhering to software quality standards, best practices and code-guidelines;
- Ensures that we are keeping our technical documentation and coding guidelines up-to-date;
- Provides outstanding programming in development of Parkmobile Group’s web-based products and services ensuring the solutions are maintainable, scalable and robust.
- Have a University or HBO degree in Information Technology;
- Have previously served in a development lead role or have experience leading teams;
- Have a minimum of five years’ professional experience developing software products;
- Have a minimum of two years’ programming experience with Angular 1/2 +;
- Are experienced using the Redux pattern with either Redux or NgRx for Angular 2;
- Are experienced at scripting HTML5 and knowing your way around CSS3 using SCSS;
- Have experience using Git, Jira and Unit Testing;
- Are knowledgeable about current internet trends and technologies – particularly REST APIs;
- Have experience with Front End tools e.g. Webpack, Angular CLI, Grunt;
- Have knowledge of and professional experience with Agile SCRUM;
- Understand design patterns, technical architecture and security best practices;
- Have good knowledge of technical design and continuous integration;
- Have ability to quickly identify root cause and implement solution to technical issues;
- Have great verbal and written communication skills with the ability to explain technical topics in layman’s terms to non-technical personnel;
- Understand the business implications of technical decisions and favour a pragmatic approach.
- Provide a brand new Macbook Pro or high powered Windows laptop
- Host quarterly team social events
- Offer flexible working – our normal working hours are 9-6 but we can meet your requirements if they differ
- Inspire you to be the best version of you;
- Give you the opportunity to build brands with millions of users worldwide;
- Have sharp, motivated co-workers and a fun, relaxed office environment;
- Offer a competitive salary according to experience and education;
- Work with you to advance your career by providing you with an annual budget for training courses and/or to attend conferences
- Have excellent fringe benefits including private health insurance and 25 days annual leave which rises with length of service.
Do you think you are the man or woman for this vacancy and do you think we should drink a cup of coffee with you? Then send us your resume including a motivation via our online application form. Want to know more? You can also ask questions via the online application form.
Of course you want to know something more about us!
Parkmobile is a worldwide successful supplier of innovative and fully integrated electronic parking solutions. With our Parkmobile app, sms or by phone you can pay you parking fees afterwards: the smartest way of parking!
Two hundred and fifty people are presently working at Parkmobile Group. The headquarters and the ‘Software Factory’ development department are located in Diemen but from here we operate also in Belgium, Germany and the United Kingdom. We work very hard and are ambitious but there is time for fun also, for example our famous Parkmobile Pubquiz! Do you want to work for the number 1 parking app?Let's talk