Data Warehouse Architect
Posted 1 year ago
Parkmobile and ParkNow, the #1 mobile parking payment service is looking for an experienced Data Warehouse Architect. Parkmobile is a data driven company using data to improve our services, build better products and explore new business models.
We are looking for an experienced Data Warehouse Architect who is passionate to work and will drive one of PMG’s Strategic Initiatives ‘Data Insight’. Based on our cloud Data Warehouse solution we support the business and our shareholder BMW with their BI and Reporting needs. We are currently building this cloud Data Warehouse solution based on Amazon Redshift and setting up our Business Information Management team.
The Data Warehouse Architect will join our professional and growing Business Information Management team, reporting to the Head of Operations. You will be based in the Netherlands and part of a worldwide organization.
- Utilize data flow diagrams, source-target mappings, task descriptions, data mapping, identification of decision points/criteria, workflow analysis and determination of process interdependencies;
- Plan, develop, improve, and maintain complex components of the Logical / Physical Enterprise Data Warehouse and related Models;
- Establish, Maintain and Adhere to Enterprise Data Modeling and Data Integration Standards;
- Develop and own enterprise data models, ensuring designs are current, correct, and comply to PCI and GDPR protocols;
- Lead the technical architecture and design for a new cloud base Data platforms;
- Build new and innovative solutions that can help solve business and technical challenges;
- Provide architecture and technology leadership across platform in Big Data and Cloud Data technologies;
- Help transition from our current transactional Data infrastructure to a high performance, scalable analytics cloud platform (AWS Redshift);
- Design and develop data warehouse architecture roadmap and document standards and procedures for the definition of reference architectures.
- 5+ Years as an experienced as a Data Modeler, Data Architect, or Business Systems Analyst.
- 3+ Years database application development with knowledge of Kimball and/or Inmon or other professional software engineering best practices.
- 3+ Years minimum of demonstrable experience in a technical leadership role.
- Hands-on experience designing and implementing large-scale, real-time, event-driven enterprise Operational Data Stores (ODS).
- Experience developing analytics solutions at significant scale, including distributed cloud computing technologies.
- Excellent understanding of MPP databases and column-oriented databases, such as Redshift and NoSQL databases.
- Real time experience in Cloud Data Warehouse implementations (preferably AWS Redshift).
- Strong knowledge of Data Warehouse architecture and Data Integration concepts.
- Skilled in performance tuning, query plan / explain plan analysis, indexing, table partitioning.
- Hands-on experience with major big data platforms and languages such as Hadoop, MapReduce, BigQuery, RedShift, Azure SQL DWH, Kinetica, Python, PHP, Ruby and/or R.
- Knowledge of GDPR and Data Protection standards and familiar with PCI compliance needs.
- Equipped with MSc or BSc degree in Information Technology or Applied Mathematics;
- Truly pro-active, innovative and entrepreneurial so not have a 9-5 mentality;
- An analytical problem solver with a continuous mind-set to improve;
- Pragmatic, result driven and more over striving for happy customers;
- Flexible, accurate and hardworking, both independently and in a team environment, able to cope with a high pressure, multi-tasking environment with changing priorities;
- Perfect in English (spoken and written). Dutch, German and/or French is a bonus.
- Inspire you be the best version of you;
- Give you the opportunity to build brands with millions of users worldwide;
- Have sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun and relaxed office environment;
- Offer competitive salaries and benefits according to experience and education level.
Do you think you are the man or woman for this vacancy and do you think we should drink a cup of coffee with you? Then send us your resume including a motivation via our online application form. Want to know more? You can also ask questions via the online application form.
Of course you want to know something more about us!
Founded in 2000, Parkmobile Group is making parking easier for people and operators all over the world. By creating software solutions we make finding, accessing and paying for parking simple and effective. We find your perfect parking spot and make paying for it easy. Everything we do is focused on the carefree experience of our clients and not paying more than used with payment per minute. Whether this is on your mobile phone or via the dashboard of your car. Parking solutions at your fingertip.
Currently Parkmobile Group offers the number 1 parking app worldwide, available in more than 500 cities. Brands include RingGo, Park-line, ParkNow and Parkmobile. Park your car by using our app or try sms or calling to start paying for your parking spot. From our head office in Amsterdam (Diemen) we serve clients throughout Europe with offices in the UK, Germany and France.