Country Manager Germany, Austria and Switzerland
Posted 3 months ago
The Country Manager for the German speaking territories of central Europe will be a strong leader capable of enthusing and engaging and managing the ambition of our bright young team. The work is to be based from our Munich office, in close coordination with our Amsterdam headquarters. The focus is to be on continuing our drive for growth through both on-street and off-street opportunities.
Our ideal candidate:
- has undertaken autonomous management of a team with profit and loss responsibility and is pragmatic;
- is able to be demonstrably capable of fostering a dynamic culture and is familiar with creating growth organically and in commercial partnership with others.
- Personifying the values of the company and working tirelessly towards the strategic goals outlined by the board through personal commitment, personal example and the management of others;
- The management (including coaching and personal development) of the operational team in Germany, Austria and Switzerland, comprising Sales, Customer Support, local Marketing, local Administration and local Finance;
- Liaison with fellow country managers particularly those responsible for neighbouring French speaking and also Benelux territories;
- Taking overall responsibility for presence (including trade stands where applicable at trade fairs within the territories of responsibility);
- To own and act upon escalated local service issues and also to act as frontman in respect of territorial PR initiatives;
- Ensure the deployed quality of product is maintained. Building a strong basis to ensure quick growth and development of our services by focussing on structured sales management, effective use of budget, cooperation with relevant partners, successful marketing activities, outstanding quality insurance and a clear customer focus;
- Relentlessly analysing the work of competitors and ensuring local market and customer requirements are known and acted upon by central product management;
- Giving insight in the daily business and providing analysis for business decisions and the optimization of processes;
- Spearheading professional teamwork and successful cooperation between the local team and the European headquarters;
- Appropriate management of local financial and legal matters to manage and ameliorate rates;
- Creation and maintenance of a positive working environment for the team within a semi-autonomous early stage environment.
- Higher vocational degree preferably linked to Marketing, Sales, Operations and/or Finance;
- A minimum of 6 years of relevant working experience, together with both project and management responsibilities preferably including time spent running or owning an early stage tech business;
- Charismatic, creative, driven and entrepreneurial in outlook with a strong sense of responsibility;
- Strong innate networking skills;
- Strong service ethos backed by good problem solving, communication and coaching skills;
- A robust sense of purpose will be necessary to stake a claim within the competing priorities and demands of Group and to manage within the local commercial environment;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in German and English.
Essential Attributes / Requirements:
- Ability to fit within the peer group of other existing country managers;
- Ability to work and travel across Europe without restriction;
- Sensitivity to cultural differences between nations;
- Commercial acumen;
- The present with engagement and compunction to small and large audiences;
- The ability to close.
Essential Technical Attributes:
- Sector knowledge of parking or a demonstrably similar industry;
- A demonstrable and solid understanding of budgeting and financial planning.
Do you think you are the man or woman for this vacancy and do you think we should drink a cup of coffee with you? Then send us your resume including a motivation via our online application form. Want to know more? You can also ask questions via the online application form.
Of course you want to know something more about us!
ParkNow – a brand of BMWi and Parkmobile – is on its way becoming the leading premium supplier of parking services for on- and off street parking in the whole of Europe.
Parkmobile is a worldwide successful supplier of innovative and fully integrated electronic parking solutions. With our Parkmobile app, sms or by phone you can pay you parking fees afterwards: the smartest way of parking!
Two hundred and fifty people are presently working at Parkmobile Group. Our HQ is based in Diemen (The Netherlands), joined by two “Software Labs”: one in Diemen and the other in Basingstoke (UK). We also operate in Belgium and Germany. We work very hard and are ambitious but there is time for fun also, for example our famous Parkmobile Pubquiz! Do you want to work for the number 1 parking app? Let us know.